- Planning your space is crucial to hosting a successful event. Make sure that you have enough seats for everyone around a large table.
- Creating an event page allows everyone to RSVP quickly and easily.
- A list with who is responsible for what dish is key to getting a wide variety of foods.
- Extra utensils are paramount – don’t let anyone eat without them!
- Everyone loves leftovers, and it reduces cleanup on your part. Have everyone bring extra containers
- The day of the event is sure to be hectic, creating a checklist to ensure you don’t miss a crucial item can help to reduce stress
- A dress code can make things more interesting, but a dress code with your friends is certainly not a requirement
- Carving a turkey can be a tricky (and dangerous) process, read or watch a few tutorials ahead of time to help the process go smoothly when it hits the table
- Activities with friends are always more fun. Football, board games, scavenger hunts, or a pie eating contest can make the occasion especially memorable.
- Holiday playlists make everything feel more festive. Spotify, Pandora, and YouTube have thousands of playlists to choose from.
- Party favors can be a gag gift, or something more traditional. They always make the occasion a bit more special.
- Photos of your Friendsgiving should be shared so you can have an even better event next year!
- Take those leftovers and you’re all set on food for a few days!
- Prepare for some Black Friday shopping and scout the deals you want to score.
- Clean up, or save it until a bit later!
More on the OCM BLOG
The following two tabs change content below.
Our Campus Market is the premier website for college students and families. Whether you are preparing for college or staying in contact across the miles, OCM is ready with university-approved merchandise for campus living, gifting and special campus occasions including move-in, graduation and more.
Latest posts by OCM Staff (see all)
- How to Stay in Touch with College Friends Over the Summer - July 20, 2018
- Moving Out or Living at Home After Graduation - April 12, 2018
- April Fools Jokes to Play on Your Friends - March 26, 2018
- Planning for The Fall Semester – How to Set Yourself Up for Success - March 22, 2018
- How To Stay On Track With Your New Year’s Resolutions - January 30, 2018