Hi, my name is Katie and I blog over at Chic in Carolina! This is my first time guest posting here at Our Campus Media so I wanted to share with y’all a little bit about myself before diving into my post!
- I am a high school junior
- As you can probably guess from my blog name, I am a proud resident of North Carolina and I love living in the South
- I would definitely define my personal style as preppy and classy. My favorite places to shop are Lilly Pulitzer, J. Crew, Tory Burch, the Gap, Vineyard Vines, and Loft
- When I’m not blogging, you can probably find me hanging out with my friends and family, baking, shopping, at school, or catching up on my favorites with Netflix!
On another note, I can’t believe that it is already mid-August. August is kind of a sad month for me because it marks the end of the summer. Not to mention there is so much to do to get ready for the upcoming school year (my first day is next Wednesday- which I kind of don’t want to believe!) Today, I am going to share with y’all my tips for taking advantage of the last few days of summer and getting ready for the upcoming school year!
Shop for School Supplies
Slightly obvious, but very necessary. A lot of stores by me run out of supplies quickly so buying them earlier allows you to get exactly what you need for the new school year!
Finish Summer Reading (or other Summer Work)
This summer, I had to read three separate books for my English class and I know that once I return to school, they will be apart of my first few assignments! Do yourself a favor and start off on a good foot for the new year by finishing all of your summer work!
Buy your Textbooks
Another thing that the saying “the sooner the better” applies to! Textbook prices typically go up as school starts so buy your books ASAP (and so you have them on the first day of class!)
Enjoy some “Me” Time
The school year tends to get pretty busy, so I will be sure to make time with chilling out by myself (watching Netflix, doing my nails, baking, etc.) before I have to deal with a hectic schedule! I find having some “me” time helps with stress as well!
Sort through your Fall Clothes
I store my clothes by season (my summer clothes are currently in my closet while my winter clothes are in storage bins) and during transitions seasons, I try on all of my clothes for the next season. Doing this helps realize what is too short, too stretched out, too small, too large. By doing this, you can optimize your closet space! This way you’ll take inventory and save up for what essentials you need!
Organize your Room
I don’t know about y’all but I need my room to be neat and organized to be productive. During the school year, it can get so busy that my room becomes a mess of laundry and school work. Cleaning your room ensures your room will be organized at least for the first bit of the school year! I also try to clean out my desks and bookshelves so they are ready to roll during the year!
Enjoy the Last Few Days of Summer
Last but not least, enjoy the last few days of summer vacation. Head to the pool, local ice cream place, or your favorite summer spot to take advantage of these last few days of summer! Or, enjoy the last few days of sleeping in every day!
What are your tips for getting ready for a new school year? Let me know in the comments!
More on the OCM BLOG
Latest posts by Katie M (see all)
- How To: Recharge Over Thanksgiving Break - November 18, 2015
- The Cutest Agendas to Stay Organized - September 29, 2015
- Easy Ways to Stay Organized During the School Year - September 18, 2015
- Dress for Success: The Perfect Study Outfit - August 27, 2015
- Getting Ready for a New Year in High School - August 13, 2015