Between wrapping up finals and the usual scramble to pack and get home for the holidays, it can be tough to make Christmas shopping a priority. And now that you’re home (if you’re like most college students around this time of year), you’ve probably discovered a bit of a bank account shortage as well.
Now you’re stuck trying to find the perfect gifts — on time and on budget. But no worries, because I’m here to help! Take a look at these cheap, quick, yet thoughtful gift ideas below:
1.) Baked Treats
Some homemade Christmas cookies wrapped up in a cute bag or jar make a great last minute Christmas gift. You’ll only spend a couple of hours in the kitchen for little to no cost, and homemade is always impressive and well-received!
2.) Cookie/Cake Mixes
Add the dry ingredients for your favorite Christmas cookie or cake to a jar and attach a card listing wet ingredients to add and other instructions for an even quicker version of the aforementioned idea!
3.) Holiday Movie Night Kit
Make a quick trip to the store for some microwave popcorn, Christmas candies and a favorite holiday classic on DVD! Your lucky gift recipient will have all the components for a perfect holiday movie night on hand.
Happy gifting to all, and to all a very merry Christmas!
More on the OCM BLOG
Latest posts by Claire Cavanaugh (see all)
- Planning Ahead: A Guide to Handmade Gift-Giving in College - January 11, 2017
- Reflecting on Senior Year: Planning for the Next Steps - January 4, 2017
- Last Minute Christmas Gifts on a Budget - December 21, 2016
- Managing Stress in College - December 6, 2016
- Coming Prepared For Your College’s Networking Events - November 30, 2016