I am that person who is obsessed with planners. I swear I don’t know how I would live my everyday life without mine, especially when it comes to organizing homework assignments and test dates. My professor hands me the syllabus, it goes immediately into my planner, and I instantly feel prepared for the upcoming semester. If you are looking for a great way to organize your schedule, check out my favorite planner picks!
1) Ban.do adjendas– If you are looking for a spacious planner with fun weekend activity suggestions, cute compliments, lists of national holidays (the important ones, like national donut day), and even stickers, then this is the planner for you. I personally have not one (pictured above stating ‘I am very busy’), but two Ban.do agendas and absolutely love them! I found the “I am very busy” agenda to be a bit small, because a) I am incapable of writing at a normal size and b) I write my entire life into my planner and that requires a lot of room, so I purchased their large floral agenda as well.
2) Kate Spade Agendas– Also pictured above is my Kate Spade large gold dot agenda! I used this all last year and found it perfect for organizing my classes. Each week had more than enough room to write in assignments, and each month provides you with a Kate Spade approved saying. Although it lacks stickers and written in compliments, it is exceptionally chic and easily organizable.
3) The Happiness Planner– College can be overwhelming, and The Happiness Planner is here to help. It provides room for to do lists and test dates, as well as acting as your own personal life coach. Unlike most planners, it has everything from spaces to write in positive aspects of your day, what goals you would like to achieve, even what you ate, and what you bought in order for you to reflect on what makes you the happiest. This is a great planner to keep your school year organized because it lets you keep track of everything, and has you feeling great all at the same time!
5) May Designs– This is a great planner because not only is it cost effective, but it is also totally customizable! May Designs provides you with a crazy amount of prints for the cover of your planner, and even lets you add a monogram which you can also completely customize. And don’t worry, the inside is just as great as the outside! They are also the perfect size to fit into your backpack (only 5×8!) so you don’t feel like it’s just one extra thing to lug around with your books. Believe me, my aching back knows the struggle.
I hope this post has been helpful if you are looking to keep your school year organized! I know for a fact that I would have failed out of school without mine. Another great tip is to make sure you’re not just writing in your assignments and then never checking back to see what you wrote for that day! I also make sure that my planner is something I enjoy writing in by doing plenty of decorating! Definitely find a way to make your planner your own and have fun coming up with your own personal ways to organize and decorate.
Have any great tips on some of your favorite planners, or ways that you organize or decorate yours? Feel free to comment and let us know!
More on the OCM BLOG
Latest posts by Ashley Carrington (see all)
- Managing a Busy Schedule (from the Perspective of a College Athlete) - August 29, 2015
- Planners to Keep Your School Year Organized - August 14, 2015