Does your room need a makeover? Maybe the place needs to be brightened up a little. Or you just want to give it a simpler, softer aesthetic. Of course, finding decorations that match both your style and your budget can be difficult. That’s why so many college students love adding white dorm decor to their rooms. Many people associate the color white with pureness, freshness, and cleanliness. White is versatile and an easy-to-match color. It is also pretty easy to find in stores.
Search for White Bedding and Pillows
Your whole bed set doesn’t have to be completely white — that would be a little boring — but white accents can make a huge difference
White fuzzy blankets and comforters are perfect for creating an angelic dorm room. If you are purchasing a whole new bed set, why not buy a whole package? Many college students looking for white twin xl bedding can easily pack it into a bedding and bath set, saving them time and money.
College students can easily mix and match themes under a white dorm room theme. White goes with every other color of the rainbow or theme in the book. Plus, following the theme doesn’t always entail abiding by it under strict rules and details. Don’t be afraid to add some extra color and design to your bedding.
Add Some Extra Pillows and Blankets
Don’t forget to throw in a few pillows and blankets. Some students elect to invest in a headboard pillow while others prefer stylish pillows with quirky quotes or phrases etched onto them. Other students go the extra mile and purchase a cream, white or black headboard to match the rest of their bedding.
DIY Blankets to Try Out
Feeling crafty? Try making your own homemade blanket to DIY! Now that we are all stuck indoors, there is no better time than the present to try out your crafting skills. Whether you are a beginner DIY fan or a seasoned crafter, these blankets will make a stylish addition to any bedroom.
- Crochet Blanket: If you are new or just starting to crochet, throw together a small blanket using a simple pattern.
- Weighted Blanket: Times are stressful. Sew together or purchase your own weighted blanket to keep your anxiety at bay.
- Fleece Knotted Blanket: Fleece Knotted Blankets are easy to make — plus they require absolutely no sewing.
- Quilt: Sew together a simple or elaborate quilt to place as the final touch on your bedspread.
Put Up New Wall Decor, Posters, and More Popular Items to Spice Things Up
Make the room a little more interesting with captivating wall decor
Decorating your dorm doesn’t have to stop at your walls or your bedspread. Go all out and look into these room items as potential accents or complements to the rest of your room.
- Lamps: Purchase a lamp with a white shade or base. If you are feeling a little creative, splash some paint on the lamp to change things up.
- Dressers: Purchase or paint your dresser so that it matches your white dorm theme. You don’t have to paint it white, but you should paint it in a color that complements the theme.
- Desks: Work desks are also great additions to any room. Not only are they practical, but they also add to the ambiance of a room.
- Whiteboards or Chalkboards: Are you one of those people who always forget to complete a task or run an errand? Never worry about missing anything important again by hanging up a whiteboard or chalkboard to track your daily tasks and reminders. Students can purchase a blank board that they customize themselves or a pre-arranged one to help them stay organized.
- Notebooks and Pencils: If you are really dedicated to staying on brand, make sure your notebooks and supplies fit in with the aesthetic of your room. Since white goes with any color, this shouldn’t be too much of a challenge.
- Vanity Mirrors: Full-length mirrors or vanity mirrors tend to come in sleek, ornate designs. Keep your dorm aesthetic consistent by purchasing a mirror with a border that complements the theme of your room.
- Chairs or Beanbags: Have some extra room in your dorm or apartment? Make it more welcoming by adding a chair or two for your guests. At this point, it should go without saying that the chairs or beanbags should complement the rest of your room in order to achieve a consistent aesthetic.
- Posters: Whether you want to add a sense of refinement to your room with a watercolor poster or you want to remind everyone how much you love The Office with a poster containing a Michael Scott quote, the options for posters and wall decorations are endless.
- Rugs: Don’t forget the floor! Rugs are perfect for enlivening dull rooms and covering empty patches of space.
Search for Unique and Quirky Decorations
Keep Your Room Classy and Cute
Need help coming up with more ideas for decorating your room? Don’t worry, we have you covered. Check out these quirky ideas and decoration additions you can purchase to enhance the look of your room in an instant.
There’s nothing wrong with being a little old-fashioned when it comes to writing letters of affirmation and encouragement. Brighten up your friends’ and family’s days with a surprise letter in the mail. Most stationery sets are carefully designed, making them perfect to set out in your room on display when they are not in use.
Add some sweet flowers to your room for a quick pick-me-up. To save money, purchase fake flowers to put on display all year-round. Miss the floral scent? Purchase a candle or spray to bring the scent to your room without having to purchase a real bouquet of flowers.
Mugs, glasses, plates, and bowls usually come in sets. These sets are decorated or painted under a cohesive theme. They are sometimes also less expensive to purchase in bundles rather than individually. Of course, you don’t have to purchase your dining supplies in a complete set. Some people prefer to mix and match their dining supplies to cultivate a unique look.
Collapsible Storage Sets
Want to fill up an empty bookshelf? Need extra space to store your items? Purchase a couple of white collapsible storage sets. These storage boxes make organizing your items seamless and pain-free.
Invest in Bathroom Decor to Fit the Theme
Don’t forget to purchase white dorm decor for your bathroom
Don’t forget to look after your bathroom! No one wants to see a dull or boring bathroom. These items, which are definitely necessities, can be both practical and stylish if you choose them strategically.
- Bath Mat
- Toilet Cover
- Soap Dispenser
- Shower Curtains
- Art Decorations
- Storage Units
Of course, you don’t have to go nuts when it comes to decorating your bathroom. A simple, clean theme never fails to keep a bathroom sharp and acceptable under parental eyes.
Our Favorite White Dorm Decorations
Check Out These Must-See Items — You Might Find Something You Like
Hub Floor Length Mirror
Take a look at your outfit from head to toe using this sleek floor-length mirror. Thanks to its built-in storage rack, you can also hang your clothes and accessories for the upcoming week behind the mirror.
Franklin Desk Riser
Running out of space? Add a desk riser to create a larger storage area for yourself. Made of Epoxy-Coated Steel, the Franklin desk riser is one of the most sturdy and dependable shelving units on the market.
Ivory Collapsible Storage Box
The Ivory Collapsible Storage Box comes in a set of three pieces. Plus, the ivory coloring makes it easy to match with any room. Assembly is easy, and it only takes several seconds to complete.
Want to see what else there is to offer? Everything from storage boxes to decorative pillows to twin xl beddings can be found on the OCM website now.
Dorm decorations are perfect for showing off your true personality and style! While we are all sheltering in place at the moment, that doesn’t mean we can’t revamp our rooms or plan out our future dorm decorations when we return to campus. You need to fill out all of these extra hours somehow!
Some people might think white is a boring color, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. White dorm decor makes a great addition to any room thanks to its versatility and ability to match a variety of styles. It’s also perfect for people who want to cultivate a calm and laidback atmosphere in their rooms.
How do you like to decorate your room? Do you have any favorite methods for styling your room? Tell us in the comments below!