Finding the right bedding that fits your needs does not need to be an overly complicated process. You do not have to choose between comfort, durability, and affordability when picking out desired bedding. You can have it all!
This especially goes for classy dorm bedding since patterns and designs are not as prominent in that style. There is definitely a perfect dorm bedding package out there for you and we will help you find it.
Before you take the plunge, make sure you’ve picked out a dorm room bedding package that will actually fit your needs. There are lots of things to consider:
- How to tell if a dorm room bedding package is high quality
- Finding a dorm bedding package that fits your style
- Strategies for saving money on dorm decor
Understanding Dorm Bedding Package Quality
Thread Count and Fabric and Weaves, oh my!
These are important factors to consider when picking out your dorm bedding package. What type of material you like is key in making sure that you are comfortable throughout the night. With thread count, they usually range between 200 and 800, dictating the quality and softness of the product.
Fabric is also an important factor to consider when picking your dorm bedding package. Cotton, silk, and polyester are some of the more prominent materials. Bedding that is a blend between some of these fabrics is also ideal to achieve the best comfort to durable ratio. Not sure what fabric to choose? Don’t stress it, more information follows on how to pick the right fabric for you.
Thread Count and Dorm Room Bedding Packages: What You Need to Know
You do not need to try to get a product with the highest thread count possible. Sometimes companies can use a higher thread count to hide how poor the quality of the material truly is. Other times, a high thread count can be too heavy for an individual and not breathable enough. A quality 200 thread count product can be perfect for you without spending too much money, especially when you are aiming to find bedding that does not consist of a blend since they typically run a little thicker.
Choosing a Fiber or Fabric that Will Be Comfy All Year Round
It is also important to keep in mind where you are going to school and how up to date the dormitories are. Some schools have dorms that get very cold in the winter months, while some schools do not really experience a harsh winter and their dorms remain hot all year round.
Cotton blends and polyester bedding are great options that will not only last year round, but will continue to keep you comfortable no matter the season. If your budget allows, silk bedding is really nice material that is very classy. Silk bedding also tends to be hypoallergenic, so if you are someone who has sensitive skin, it may be worth it to splurge a little and get yourself the most comfortable bedding package to ensure you have a quality night’s rest consistently.
Other Things to Consider When Choosing a Dorm Room Bedding Package
Now that we have covered what to look for in bedding quality and material, we can look at other things to consider when shopping for classy dorm bedding. Bedding packages include everything you could possibly need to dress your bed, and sometimes include bath essentials as well. Before deciding on a package, think of the style, color, or design you are looking for. There are plenty of options to choose from that suit anyone looking.
A Dorm Room Bedding Package Defines Your Dorm Room Style
How to Find the Colors, Textures, and Prints that Express Your Personality
Think about your favorite colors and patterns. If you need further inspiration, take a look at your wardrobe and use it as a reference point. If you think about it, if you wear that color or style, odds are that it fits your personality and you will like the way that looks as your bedding. When it comes to classy bedding options for your dorm, it is important to stay simple with your choice of pattern. For classy bedding, less is more and picking the right color scheme goes a long way in order to achieve that classy look.
White Back to Basics
Classy All White Look by @ana.oelen
All white bedding is a simple way to achieve that classy look you desire. It looks clean and is very elegant when all of your bedding has that matching color scheme.
Is this your style? Get the look with this 16-piece bedding and bath set. The set comes in a white kiss pleat option that gives you the all-white, classy look you are looking for. Click to shop!
Maybe the all-white look is not your style, that’s okay since there are so many other ways to go about having a classy bedding look. The main thing to keep in mind is to keep it simple. Keeping it classy means no crazy patterns or flashy colors. Here is another way of going about classy bedding.
Get Classy and Cozy
Stylish Grey Bedding by @bails.c
With a mostly grey look along with white accents, this is another simple take on classy bedding. The stripe pattern on the comforter is also simple enough for it to still be considered classy, especially since it only accompasses white and grey.
Is this your style? Get the look with this faux fur decorative throw blanket. Click to shop!
The Checklist Saver Collection
Check out the Checklist Saver Collection - 39 Piece Twin XL Bedding and Bath Set includes everything you could possibly need for your dorm room bedding situation and then some. With several color options for this set, you can definitely achieve the classy look that you are looking for with simple color schemes. This package includes all of the following.
- 2 extra-long flat sheets
- 2 extra-long fitted sheets
- 2 standard pillowcases
- 2 extra-fluffy machine-washable pillows
- 1 extra-long soft fleece throw
- 1 extra-long reversible comforter
- 1 extra-long deluxe quilted mattress pad
- 1 mattress protector
- 2 pillow protectors
- 1 deluxe GelFlex Memory Foam mattress topper
- 1 extra-long microplush blanket
- 2 deluxe all-cotton bath towels
- 2 deluxe matching cotton hand towels
- 2 deluxe matching cotton washcloths
- 2 deluxe oversized bath sheets
- 1 3-compartment hamper
- 2 underbed storage solutions
- 1 deluxe bedside storage caddy
- 1 basic surge protector
- 1 first aid kit
- 1 tool kit
- 1 27 in. x 45 in. throw rug
- 1 dry-erase board
- 1 clip fan
- 1 flexible clip lamp
- 1 trash can
- 1 backrest pillow
- 1 hanging shoe organizer
- 1 hanging garment organizer
Cotton Dorm Bedding Packages Save $$$
Here’s How to Save Money on the Rest of Your Decor
Your bedding is one of, if not, the most important thing to think about when you are moving into a dorm. However, you cannot forget about the decor for the rest of your room. You will have so much wall space and additional room on your floor that needs to be styled to your liking to make it truly feel like your room.
- Try a shag rug. We know, we know -- shag is soooo retro, but in a neutral color, a shag rug can add a modern twist that will pull your whole room together. Consider a rug in dark gray or ivory to keep things simple, or find a simple print that won’t distract from the rest of your classy decor.
- Wall Mirrors are a must. Class and luxury go hand in hand, and nothing says “luxury dorm room” quite like space! Mirrors are a great way to make a dorm seem bigger than it actually is, opening up your room and making it feel classier and homier overall.
- Hear us out: art prints, but mini. Art is a great way to add a little bit of sophistication -- not to mention personal flair -- to your dorm room. Consider mini-sized prints of your favorite artworks or classy black and white photos of your favorite people, places, and things. Arrange them around your room, and viola! Classy decorations.
- Soften your room with string lights. Yes, string lights are a dorm room staple, but there are ways to make your string lights twinkle with class! Instead of just throwing them up anywhere, put a little extra thought into placement. Drape them over your curtain rods and pair with sheer curtains for a soft, shimmery look, or hang them along a photo wall with polaroids of your choosing.
- Floor pillows are in. Sitting on the floor is sometimes a necessity in dorm rooms -- whether you’re studying, hanging out, or just capital “D” done with the week. Floor pillows make sitting on the ground a little classier and a lot more comfortable. Plus, they can be stored under your bed easily when you do not want it to take up any floor space.
Enjoy your classy dorm bedding! We hope that this guide has helped you decide exactly what you are looking for. Your dorm will look fantastic with these classy options!