Happy Friday, fellow bloggers and students!With less than a month to go, you may want to start thinking about how you are going to pack up your entire room at home. What materials will you use? How will you make sure that you do not forget anything? In this blog, I would like to give and describe several tips on how to make the packing process easier.The packing process itself can be very intimidating. Most of you probably feel that you have no idea where to start. That is definitely okay! Follow my tips below and you will have absolutely no problems at all!
Looking for unique and affordable Diploma Frames & Bedding?
Shop OCM, we serve over 900 campuses nationwide.
- Make a list. This is the most important/helpful tip that I have to offer! This list will prevent you from forgetting anything! First, sit down and write a list of everything that you use or wear every day, including your bathroom essentials. Make sure to think carefully! You do not want to miss anything! After completing this task, go around your room and other parts of your house that house your possessions. Add items that you believe you will need while at college. Then, you will have made a list of everything that you will need!
- Keep only the necessities in mind. This tip really comes in handy while making your list described above. Freshmen dorms tend to be small and cramped. You can only fit so much in them. Do not take items that you think you may only use in certain situations. Trust me. You never end up using them, so try to leave them at home if at all possible. If you find that you do need them while you are at school, have your parents or guardians ship them to you!
- Use bins. This tip is no secret. Most college students use bins to transfer their items and for a good reason! Bins keep your items secure and protect them from getting smashed or completely messed up. Nothing is worse than arriving at school and realizing that you broke your favorite mirror-I know from experience! Make sure to use bins as much as you can so that you can avoid the problems that I had!
- Do grocery shopping at your school. I only learned this tip during my second year of college. I only recommend this tip to those of you who are lacking space in your cars. If you are in need of space, then do not pack any items that can be bought at a grocery store. There will most likely be a grocery store near your campus where you can purchase all of your essentials. Walking the isles will also help you to remember anything you may have forgotten. Not sure where the closest grocery store is to your campus? Call your university to ask!
- Use a big vehicle. No matter who you are, you will need a big vehicle to transfer all of your items. You are moving to a place for four months which requires a lot of necessities!
Keep these five tips in mind and you will surely have an easy packing/travel process!Are you excited for the next step in your life?