Going away to college can be more than a little daunting for everyone involved. Students are on their own for the first time ever. It’s natural to want to help out, without overstepping, it’s a delicate line to walk for sure, but OMC’s care-package plan is the perfect way to send a little love while giving your college student their own independence. So let’s break down the all different varieties of care package subscription plans that are available.
Year Full of Love and More: 6 Care Package Plan
This care package covers the board on snacks, with a few self-care items sprinkled in. Students will receive six of these themed-individual care packages throughout the school year for the price of $225 with free shipping included (but expedited shipping optional) before taxes. Gift care packages are coordinated with OCM throughout the year to ensure the final’s package and spring break packages arrive during your student’s actual finals and not just a touch randomly. Check out what all comes with it below:
• Welcome Package including a cute Move-In Mug - Something to help your college student settle into dorm life. In these packages typically contain dorm life necessities: Ramen, beef jerky, instant mac and cheese, and a few other snacks.
• So Fresh, So Clean Self-Care Package- This is the piece of mind for you to know your college student is staying hygienic, as well as a bit of budget relief for the student in your life. Soaps, hand sanitizer, lotions, and more!
• Trick or Treater including a fun and festive Halloween surprise- it’s exactly what it sounds like! A fun spooky surprise because who doesn’t love getting into the season spirit.
• Out of the Blue- The “just because” care package. It’s a surprise of snacks.
• Fall Finals Survival Package- this one is to help out the averaged stressed out finals taker, because who has time to get food when they should be studying?
• Valentine Surprise- This care package will definitely send a little love on Valentine’s day. What says love better than a box of chocolate!
• Spring Finals Survival Package- This box not only celebrates the end of semester, but provides the food for a much needed emotional snack binge that finals can create.
This is basically the biggest variety care package on the site. There are also smaller versions of this you can get for your loved one like the Fall Semester 4 Care Package Support Plan for $114 and Two Semester 5 Care Package Study Plan for $136. These guys are a little more budget friendly and include some of the same packages listed above.
Snack Care Packages
These packages will all follow the timeline of how the subscription will be sent out. While they have a similar timeline and gift themes behind them, each subscription is tailored to specific needs for students with allergy issues or specific dietary choices. They are in no way unequal to any of the other care package subscriptions OCM provides.
• Welcome Package
• Trick or Treater including a fun and festive Halloween surprise
• Out of the Blue
• Fall Finals Survival Package
• Valentine Surprise
• Spring Finals Survival Package
Vegan 6 Care Package Plan
First things first, veganism is a type of vegetarian diet that excludes meat, eggs, dairy products, and all other animal-derived ingredients. So if your student is vegetarian, they are less strict versions of vegans which means this care package subscription would be perfect for him or her too! According to a 2018 Gallup poll, 5% of U.S. adults are vegetarian and even smaller percent vegan. Since most people who start these diets cannot or do not maintain them over the course of their lives, this could mean your college student is more than 5% likely to experiment with a herbivore diet, but has only a 5% chance of sticking to it with longevity throughout life. This care package can be a thoughtful way of embracing your loved one’s lifestyle choices. Consider these few perks of a vegan lifestyle when selecting a care package subscription for your student:
- Helps manage blood sugar levels- This can be good for people with diabetes.
- Reduces risks of certain types of cancer- vegan diets have shown to reduce specifically colon cancer and breast cancer.
- It's a good way to practice skin care- some experts have linked dairy to disrupting insulin flow which would cause more acne breakouts.
- Lower risk of heart disease- Vegans consume less saturated fat. The consuming less saturated fat promotes better cholesterol levels, increased blood flow, and lower blood pressure levels.
- Weight Loss- Generally vegans consume less calories because they don’t eat meat (high in caloric intake) and on average have lower BMI (body mass index).
Gluten Free 6 Care Package Plan
While some people are gluten intolerant, others are experimenting with a gluten-free diet trend. Since 2009 alone the number of gluten-free diets have tripled in number to 3.1 million people by 2017 alone. Here are three reasons you might want to provide your college student with a gluten-free care package.
- Gluten can be inflammatory- Celiac disease is the condition often linked to gluten intolerance, however people can be non-celiac and gluten sensitive, and this can cause increased pain particularly in joints throughout the body.
- Gluten alters gut function- As specific it sounds, gluten-free diets have been linked to clearing up a garden variety of gastrointestinal problems.
- Less headaches- It turns out recent studies have shown that the gut and the head are very closely linked. People with Celiac disease often experience lots of migraines, however it’s been found in non-Celiacs that losing gluten will decrease your number of headaches. Assumitively, this could be possible due to the many benefits of the guts
Nut Free 6 Care Package
Since nuts are one of the most common allergies among adults and children, OCM has put together a nut free snack care package! If you are unsure if the student in your life has nut allergy, but want to keep it a surprise, it is best to stick to this package and avoid any risk of triggering anaphylaxis. Besides, this can also be ideal if your student has a roommate. While most people do not have such a strong allergy that airborne exposure would be life threatening, it may cause them a mild irritant.
Kosher Year Full of Love 6 Care Package Plan
So the student in your life needs food blessed by the rabbi? That is absolutely no problem for OCM care package subscriptions! Whether the care package receiver chooses to fully practice kosher, or only sometimes, it is 100% up to them. But by getting them a kosher package, students will be guaranteed to eat whatever is in the box whenever, as some people keep kosher only on certain days and holidays. Consider going kosher with your friends care packages for some of the following reasons such as a higher quality food standards, kosher foods are less likely to carry e coli because they are thoroughly salted, and it can lower cholesterol levels.
Healthy Living 5 Care Package Plan
Quick and easy is the go-to necessity when students buy snacks. This often means that college students aren’t getting the healthiest foods to eat. Find a little peace of mind by sending your loved one a healthy living 5 care package plan for just $190. Note this package only contains 5 care packages and follows a slightly different format than all of the other ones above. The care packages are themed as follows:
• Healthy Welcome Pack
• Healthy Trick or Treater
• Healthy Out of the Blue
• Healthy Valentine Surprise
• Healthy Support Pack
Create your own!
If perhaps none of these suit your care package wants and needs, try sending a few care packages with the OMC custom care package option. You may select a smaller care package for $50, or a bigger one with more stuff for $80. You can also select what kinds of items are better for your loved ones besides snacks!
- Birthday gifts- a bag confetti, a celebratory necklace, wristband, and even a birthday sash.
- School Supplies- black and blue pens, highlighters, pencils, and notecards.
- Spa items- your choice of a charcoal black peel off facial mask, a hologram facial mask, or dare to pick both.
This almost might be ideal for the picky college eater, some people prefer salty snacks over sweets. By customizing your own, you can ensure students will love what’s inside. Next you attach personalized notes, these come with all care package subscriptions, to let your student know that you have been thinking of them. You can pick the reason for the card such as holidays, exams, or even a get well package. From there, choose from stock images to design the front of the card, or you can also upload your own. After that, all you have to do is check out! Easy peasy.
Care package subscriptions can be a staple for your college student to look forward to throughout the semester, or even the entire year! This unique gift is a clear stand out and will leave a sentimental memory for years to come. Besides, is not food the best way into anyone's heart?