The clock is ticking on the remaining time left in Summer 2016. The year to come will bring new classes, new challenges and new responsibilities, but it will also bring new adventures, fun and happiness. That said, make sure you’re tackling your end-of-summer bucket list to start the year off strong, motivated, and ready! Here’s my advice for finishing off the summer right.
Make One Last Trip
Be it the beach, amusement park, cabin or local garden, make sure to visit your favorite summer spot one last time.
Have One “Last Supper”
Does your mom make the best mac & cheese? Or maybe you have an absolute favorite restaurant that’s only in your hometown. Be sure to treat yourself to your favorite meal before returning to dining hall food until Thanksgiving.
Get Together with Friends
While we know they’re just one call away during the semester, be sure to get some face-to-face time during one last summer hurrah.
Don’t Forget About Extended & Immediate Family!
Be sure to say goodbye to your siblings, grandparents, and anyone else you might not see until the holidays.
I hope you all enjoy these last few days of summer! Squeeze every last bit of joy out of it, and you’ll return back to school fully energized and ready to take on the year!
Latest posts by Claire Cavanaugh (see all)
- Planning Ahead: A Guide to Handmade Gift-Giving in College - January 11, 2017
- Reflecting on Senior Year: Planning for the Next Steps - January 4, 2017
- Last Minute Christmas Gifts on a Budget - December 21, 2016
- Managing Stress in College - December 6, 2016
- Coming Prepared For Your College’s Networking Events - November 30, 2016